Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My last NCC camp


I had my last NCC camp in December at Mattanur 2009. I was a girl senior in that camp. It is a camp that I could never forget because there were many activities and so much fun in that camp. Camp events went on as planned. Sudhi was the camp senior and Pyare of poly technic college was the girl senior. We had parasailing in that camp. It was a good one.


I can say that we had played many things in that camp, all laziness and all mischief’s. Seeju, Susmita, Sajna were in that camp. We all were so close in that camp, Seeju and Susmita always played mischiefs in the camp, they found or made reasons to bunk parade and physical training sessions in morning. That was cool, Seeju had broken her leg in the camp and she bunked from all parade like that same way Susmita broke her hand. I had a small fever and I too bunked few parades. Once Sudhi almost found this, Seeju and Susmita was admitted in MI room due to their illness. Sajna, Pyare, Anagha and I were feeling tired and we went to MI room and slept for two hours. There were no girl senior in parade ground and Sudhi found this. Soon he called Sajna and Anagha from MI room and started taking weapon drill for guard of honor, the guard members were really exhausted due to continuous parade and then he learned from Sajna that I was also in MI room. He called me too and started taking weapon drill, because of my bad performance whole guard members got punishment. Then after 10 minutes he dispersed the guard team. Anagha was crying and he scolded Sudhi, well not directly but she expressed her anger to us.

           We had parasailing in Muzhappilangad beach, it was my first one and I can say that it was really great. Few cadets have parasailing in morning like me and rest had in evening. The wind was not favoring that day’s activity. Two days we had parasailing and also the parasailing troops showed us other stuff such as tree climbing, roof climbing and etc. it was a good experience and Commanding officer Col A K Varma was there with us all day. He scolded Sudhi as he played circus during parasailing. But he didn’t care.
     
          We had also firing competition and I can say that I was not a good shooter but my juniors, they always hit Bull’s eye and I used wonder. It was also a opportunity to find best shooter and select cadets for next TSC camp. Few got chance and seniors got many chance to fire using LMG. There was competition among seniors too, Sajna had very good eye for shooting.


      The food in the camp was not good and they never gave us food as said in the menu. Our NCC officer Dr Sathish and Mattanur NCC officer also complained to group commander about this. This made the CO very angry and he was transferred later due to this but in his time we had B Certificate exam and he didn’t allow our cadets to study about weapon drill from Battalion. But our juniors’ way too smarter and they escaped that weapon drill session during the exams.


      Seeju and Sajna did the “Pilot” when Group commander arrived. Seeju’s led was not at all well but she insisted to Sudhi that she really want to do Piloting. The teachers too said many things regarding this. But she didn’t listen.



Rekhitha & I did the MC in camp, Group commander came to visit us. we did MC for that day, and final camp day. It was a superb one. The final day in camp was so superb. We publically commented about the food and such camp things. CO didn’t expected that I think so. Susmitha and Bharathasree performed a classical dance for the last day and that was a awesome one. Camp fire was a superb thing and Dileesh was the DJ, but we had few minutes to celebrate it. we got many friends from the camp and the camp was simply superb for me in all ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment