Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Special National integration camp Leh 2009


We went to Palakkad to join with other cadets of Kerala for the camp. There were 4 boys and 4 girls and one ANO (Assistant NCC Officer) for the camp, but one girl missed the train and our strength became 7. One the officers from battalion accompanied us till Palakkad, he bought me lunch from station. Vineesh had already eaten as his appetite was uncontrollable. Then at evening 5pm the train came. I was so thrilled about the journey. As told I met the cadets and was cool. Swathi, Anju were the girls and Vishnu, Alwyn, Sooraj were the other boys. Our ANO was Neetha Sashidharan, a very sweet person who is so polite and gentle. She had a daughter who was one year old but still she came for the camp. We had to spend two days and two nights to reach . We had spent little money for the food.

It was my first visit; it was really superb, the traffic in is way too better than Kerala though it was a metropolitan city. I loved at once but not more than Kerala because the temperature was killing me. Finally we reached the camp. It was very huge than I expected. I heard from Vineesh that it was the site for RDC and I was so thrilled to hear it, even though I didn’t participated in any RDC drills I was lucky to enter the barracks of the camp. The barracks were simply superb, separate barrack for all states and same way the food point too. We entered the barracks and the Karnataka team members were there to welcome us. The ANO and officers in the camp were not so soft and I didn’t like them at first site, but gradually I understood that they were helpful. Then we refreshed and had some tea. Tea was really different it was made of less milk, less tea powder, less sugar not so tasty, but the ANO of the camp told us to accept what ever is given to you and never complain about the taste. I didn’t really liked the camp food, it was always dry. As a keralite I was given food with spices and juicy but here it was opposite, I wondered how they are enjoying that food, but I didn’t complain. We had to spent two days in that camp. I was really tired and was so thrilled to go to Leh. We had to go to Leh by Aero plane and were thrilled about it. By that time I became familiar with many friends especially with the Karnataka team. We were sent to Leh by two batches, we were in second batch so we had to wait for one more day in the camp and the temperature was really intolerable.

6 comments:

  1. it s awesome and can u say me how was the selection for this camp

    ReplyDelete
  2. for this camp only few selections will be given for each state.
    kerala got 7 vacancies

    for our batalion , we were given two vacancies

    then the concerned officers send info to colleges and cadets go for interview

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool!i am frm karnataka this year i am going to try for tis camp and frm karnataka how many attended the camp

    ReplyDelete
  4. only ur c.o sir selected u or D.D.G OF UR STATE SELECTED U

    ReplyDelete
  5. CO selected me. that was the only interview i attended

    ReplyDelete