Tuesday, January 11, 2011

National Cadet Corps

I heard that there was NCC in our college, I had no idea about NCC but I knew that we’ll get grace marks for it. Moreover I wanted to do something as extra curricular activity in our college, so I thought let me join this. None of my friends were willing for that, they were shy and want to just study alone. So I asked Greeshma to join it. I said to her “come on dear, let’s do something and don’t be just a student in this college. Let’s do something!” she said ok. That’s how I and Greeshma joined NCC. When I gave my name for it Sussky, the senior under Officer was there in the office. He asked me whether I am really interested in it. I said yes I am. Then there was enrolment of the cadets.
NCC is a stage for lot of opportunities. I was about to discover it. After enrolment uniforms were issued for us, we were given old NCC uniforms and we had to use it only. I was not ok with it, my seniors then said I could buy new pair of uniform at my own cost. I didn’t listen to it. I knew my father will not agree to it. Then there were first parade of NCC. Sathish Sir was the NCC officer of the college. He was our English teacher. He was very much dedicated to NCC. Our seniors were Sussky, Nidhin C K, Prajin, and so on. The girl seniors were Sruthi; she was the Girl Under officer. She looked so beautiful in uniform. But she was very strict to us and all. She had no compromise for anything. I was not that much company with her but in the later years we were good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment